I have always loved TV, like really loved TV and nothing is better than reliving your childhood/preteen/teenage shows through netflix or DVD. Watching shows like this brings me back and gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over. Here are my top 5 TV shows from the 90s.
5. Blossom – Who can forget those ugly hats? Once again horrible wardrobe and hair but a feel good story about a girl, her dumb brother, Joey Lawrence and her awkward teenage years.
4. Party of Five – Tragic story of a family of 5 kids being raised by their oldest brother, Mathew Fox of Lost after loosing their parents. Great cast of Neve Campbell, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Lacey Chabert. Lots of drama, crying and sadness but all in all it was a great show with real life issues and down right good looking people, even behind all of that plaid flannel.
3. My So Called Life – Too bad this show got canceled after only one season, such a true testimate to what teenage life is like, no real sugarcoating to it and for the early nineties this show covered some real hot topics, homelessness, alcoholism, homosexuality and bullying. If you didn’t care about the serious issues on this show then you watched it for Jordan Catalano aka Jared Leto, super sexy high school illiterate bad boy who Claire Danes’ character Angela Chase was head over heels for her…too bad you never got to find out what happened with the couple…Another TV love lost to cancellation
2. Saved by the Bell - Any 90s kid knows all the kids from Bayside High and wishes they could score a burger at the Max. With vintage Mario Lopez, horrible hair, wardrobe and unrealistic chessy scenarios this feel good teen drama didn’t make you want to slit your wrists like other teen dramas do now…bring back Saved by the Bell! We could all use a little Zach Morris in our lives.
1. Dawson’s Creek - I was obsessed with this show in high school. Not only the super cute cast but the romance, the music the drama etc. It used to come on on Wednesday nights and during high school I had a religion class on Wednesday nights so in lieu of DVR back in 2001 I would have to have my mom or dad press record on the VHS player so that I could watch the episode when I got back from the class, I couldn’t just watch the episode online or on Hulu.com you know….it didn’t exist then. Well needless to say one week my dad forgot to press record and being the dramatic 16 year that I was I was so mad that I didn’t talk to him for a week. Anyway nothing beats this coming of age drama, its basically part of my high school years. I was so jealous of Joey Potter and her choice of whatever boy down the creek she wanted…that bitch!
What were your favorites?
-Drama mama out
Share on Facebook