This falls - what to wear?
I am a big fan of summer fashion and I always get a little bit sad when sunny days are over. I love the colored dresses, the summer glow of my skin and the fact that everybody is having a lot of fun on summer months.
But fall has its own fashion advantages – you can be even more sexy, classy and well-dressed these months if you know the right tips & tricks. I’m about to reveal some fashion tips that will help you a lot in choosing your perfect outfits for this fall.
1. Follow the trends only if they suit your body-type
We are all different and following trends without paying attention to our body-type first is a very, very bad idea. What looks great on your best friend might be a bad fashion choice for you.
There are 3 body types that most women fit into: ectomorph, mesomorph and endomorph. Body types are all about proportion and dressing your proportions to look your very best.
Before buying new clothes for the fall, please read as much as you can about body proportions and the recommended clothing for each type. Measure your shoulders, waist and hips and then try to find out what flatters your body first.
Also, I know you intuitively know what suits you and what is not. I suggest double-checking your opinion with an honest friend first, because he/she might see something you don’t.
We are unique – our fashion style must celebrate and highlight our uniqueness.
2. Make sure all your clothes fit you perfectly
If you want to dress well, this is the second rule of success. Your jeans can’t be too long and your tops can’t be too loose. Make sure everything you wear is perfect for you. If not, don’t buy it, modify it with a professional or donate it. There are no excuses for a bad size.
3. Choose the colors that are flattering to your skin tone
Our body type is unique and our skin tone is unique too. Make sure you know what colors flatter your skin and make you shine. I’ll give you some ideas:
Blondes could wear emerald, baby blue or camel based outfits.
Brunettes will look their best with colors like metallic blue, dove gray or neon.
Dark skinned girls are flattered by cobalt, light yellow or red.
Of course, there are many colors that suit your skin tone besides those and you should try for yourself some outfits in different colors to see what makes you look great.
Please follow the 3 steps above before you buy new clothes for this fall.
As for the fall shopping, I would choose some of the fashion essentials listed above, with great attention to proportion, colors and fitting:
1. Boots with and without heels, in neutral colors and autumn tones, such as black, black grey and brown in different tones.
Light shoe colors can be flattering for some outfits, but they’re kind of a risky choice that depends a lot on every item you choose.
2. Leather jacket - black preferred. Any model that flatters you is great. The leather jacket is a sexy and versatile piece, so you might think about getting one if you haven’t got any in your closet.
3. Kashmir sweaters, because they are comfortable and premium quality, that looks very good even after multiple washings. You can choose the colors that suit your skin type of course.
4. Skinny jeans and straight trousers, in dark tones – because it’s the easiest choice to make when it comes to choosing what to wear.
5. Scarfs, in multiple colors- I am all about scarfs. I love them. Reinvent your outfit with the right one and you’re good to go and conquer the world.
6. Midi skirts – because they look classy on almost every figure I know and they’re decent and kind of sexy without revealing too much.
7. Tops and cardigans in neutral colors for your T-Shirts and shirts that can be used for layering in a very nice style.
8. V-neck sweaters in great colors.
9. The little black dress , just because it’s awesome.
10. High heels that will help you have a leaner figure, no matter what your body type is.
If you know your proportion, your skin tone and you buy the right fittings, every piece of clothing will suit your unique beauty. That is what we’re after. My outfit suggestions are useful for all body-types but your personal style and taste matter too.
TIP: do some wardrobe check and see if your clothes match the body-type, color and fitting criteria. After that, do shopping list for fall, choosing the essential items first (versatile and comfortable).
Then go shopping with a wonderful plan and a smart list.
What other tips do you have for fabulous fall outfits? :)