The first time I heard Florence and the Machine‘s music was on the “Twilight Saga : Eclipse” soundtrack when it came out this summer. The song “Heavy in your Arms” immediately had me hook and I was immediately captivated by her beautifully unique voice and listened to the song over and over.
I then saw a video for “Dog Days are Over” and was completely paralyzed in front of the TV. This video epitomizes what good music videos are, amazing music with great wardrobe, hair, makeup, choreography and very visually dynamic and appealing.
The next step in my possession was seeing her perform on the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards and the only words that I can force out are “WOW” Not only did she really sing but her hair, wardrobe, choreography and state presence were stunning and absolutely bewitching. I liked the performance even more after hearing that So You Think You Can Dance‘s Travis Wall did the choreogrphy. If you haven’t seen any of his work, check him out, even if you don’t normally like contemporary dance because he is a true artist in what he does.
Heavy In Your Arms Official Music Video
Florence and the Machine are also going to be at Voodoo Festival in New Orleans Halloween Weekend. It is going to be amazing.
-Drama mama out
- Watch: Florence + The Machine, ‘Heavy In Your Arms’ (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- And The Best Performance Of The Evening Was… (perezhilton.com)
- Florence And The Machine’s Triumphant VMA Peformance: Behind The Scenes (mtv.com)
- Florence And The Machine Crank Out Explosive VMA Performance (mtv.com)
- New Florence! (perezhilton.com)