1. Urban Decay Naked Palate - I purchased this lovely little collection right before Christmas and we have had a world wind romance since then. This is truly the best palate of eye colors I have ever owned. There is a wide range of shimmer, glittery shadows to matte colors and frosty white/pinks to the darkest blacks and grays you will need. The palate comes with an amazing brush that has to be about a $20 value on its own as well as a mini tube of their eyeshadow primer which is great as well. It doesn’t beat my favorite from too faced but it does the job. For $50 you cannot beat this set of 12 beautiful neutral tones that will work in your everyday look. FYI Urban Decay recently released Naked 2…look for it on my birthday list!
2. Peachy flowers – There is something about having fresh flowers in your home that makes it feel more homey and inviting. My mom is a florist so we have been around flowers for a long time and my new favorite are bouquets of peachy, neutral toned flowers. Anything from roses to tulips, peonies and orchids. There is something about their elegance and beauty that give me a different feeling from other brightly toned flowers. Try them in a neutral or white vase or for a pop of color try a turquoise vase!
3. Kim Kardashian’s Ponytail Chain – On one of the last few episodes of “Kourtney and Kim take New York” Kim was rocking a sleek high ponytail adorned with a beautiful chain spanning from one side to the other. I LOVED IT! I am not a huge fan of wearing a high pony on a normal basis because most of the time I come off looking like a cheerleader but what a fun and fabulous hair accessory that could work so well with so many things. Kim just created a new line of jewelry called Belle Noel and the pony chains (that is what I am calling them) are available through the line. $45 kinda steep to try out this new trend but I’m sure if I wait around Forever 21 will have something similar for $6.80 or so…gotta love it.
4. Opal – I have always been fascinated by Opal, its color, reflection and look as well as its uniqueness; no two pieces look a like. Throughout history, opal has been regarded as a stone of good fortune. In ancient times, precious opal was included among the noble gems; it was believed that the gem possessed magical properties and luck. Well who doesn’t need a little magic and luck in their lives. I was also told once that you should never receive opal from a loved one, it means bad things for the relationship, so opal is something that you must purchase for yourself. I am currenly in love with vintage cocktail rings, there is something so garish about them that I think would be a nice conversation starter with an everyday outfit.
5. Valspar Antiquing Glaze – I am a newbie when it comes to DIY / crafty projects at home but with the help of Pintrest and other DIY blogs out there I am becoming quite creative. Valspar Antiquing Glze turns anything into a beautiful rustic masterpeice. I recently used it on some old photo frames that I painted and it looks amazing, adding the right amount of age and distress to anything you need. Search for it in Pintrest to get an idea of what people are using it for…its amazing!
What are your favorite things right now? Are you loving the items on my list?
-Drama mama outRead More